2020 Zoom-In Workshop
Enhancing Excellence in Assessment: Conversations with Colleagues
Maintaining a Culture of Assessment in Difficult Times
Date: Friday, September 25, 2020
This remote gathering enabled those involved in assessment on their campuses to connect with others and focus on pressing issues related to assessment, planning, and accreditation. The virtual session included a presentation featuring SUNY updates from Dr. Deborah Moeckel, Assistant Provost for Assessment and Community College Education and a panel discussion highlighting perspectives representative of diverse institutional areas currently involved in assessment work. The session concluded with concurrent breakout group discussions focused on topics of interest to participants. The session was interactive and offered participants opportunities to share examples, ask questions and discuss ideas as we move forward through the year ahead.
Zoom-In Learning Outcomes
- Network, share ideas, reflect, propose challenges, explore and uncover innovative solutions related to challenges currently faced;
- Identify strategies, techniques and promising practices that promote continuous improvement;
- Consider how to engage stakeholders while leading assessment, accreditation, and planning efforts during challenging times;
- Discuss strategies, share resources and examples to promote adaptability, leveraging technology and practical solutions to engage, assess and proactively plan for student success on their campuses despite times of uncertainty;
- Collaborate and engage interdepartmentally to reflect, discuss and plan; and
- Examine and reflect on their current practices while exploring SUNY initiatives and resources, potential opportunities, and opportunities to connect and network with others while working remotely.
Slides from Keynote Presentation